Tuesday 21 February 2012

Starting a Sustainable Project..Day 1


Well I'm keeping the actual product a secret until I have samples ready but it's going to be a simple start up product (I hope!) to test my ideals on Sustainable Fashion.

Day 1...sourcing materials.
I would normally get hold of fabrics and trims at the right price for the market I'm designing for in a mad time driven panic.

I knew that this brief was slightly different so I began with ethically sourced, luxury cloth (to be revealed) and then I ordered some trims...great, feeling inspired and job done but no whoops where did the trims come from? Were they ethically sourced? I don't really know so cancel those and search for more. This was easier than I thought it might be, so no excuses. Just waiting for all of the materials to arrive now.

Whilst I'm waiting for those to arrive, I'm reading this very well researched article from the Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/sustainable-business/fashion-industry-sustainability-strategy?CMP=

2 comments:

  1. Luxury products can be sustainable too. Find out more at sustainable-fashion-retail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Great to see you here. Funnily enough my first blog about sustainable fashion was about luxury fashion...so I totally agree with you :) http://fashionauntie.blogspot.com/2012/02/why-sustainable-fashion.html

    ReplyDelete